Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Space Marine Dreadnought: Brother Deimos

I suppose that sooner or later as a space marine collector you find yourself in possession of a dreadnought regardless of wheter or not you really planned it or not, it's just one of the things that seems to appear in your collection after a number of years. I never really intended to buy one myself due to the expense and the fact that I spent years moving about from one place to another and as a result I was forced to keep my collection as potable as possible so I limited myself to smaller miniatures that would fit into standardised carry cases.
Assault on Black Ride came along years later and left me with a dreadnought that sat in the box, as if taunting me to take him on for more than a few months before I finally got round to it. I assembled this guy, undercoated and drybrushed him and then left him on the sidelines again for a while before I got that perverse urge that I sometimes get to try something different on a whim. So in the space of a night he was completed.

I named him "Deimos" after the Greek of the rout in battle and intend to eventually have a twin for him called "Phobos" after the god of fear. Both were sons of Ares and fed on warriors fates and emotions on the battlefield. The scortch marks on the meltagun and the tarnished metal of the sarcophagus represent some of my attempts to mix the arts of drybrushing and the use of washes to add life and grime to my marines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Blogger